Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chicken sausage pepperoni

The other day I had an intense craving for pepperoni. Instead of caving, I decided to do a litte experiment with some chicken sausage

I sliced the sausage into small slivers...


And then baked them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes at 400. (Apologies for the nasty looking baking sheet. It was brand spanking new but due to a small oven fire, got charred in the process.)



These "pepperoni chips" were just what I had a taste for. They are delicious for snacking or tossing on top of a home made pizza



Look for Gluten and Nitrate free chicken or turkey sausage. There are many brands to choose from, Trader Joe's makes quite a few different varieties (I opt for the dairy free versions) as well as most grocery store chains. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment