Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Happy Hour...

...might look a little different over here.

I call this the Cuckalini Cocktail...


4 stalks of celery
1/2 peeled cucumber
4-5 stalks of broccolini
1/2 lemon
sprinkling of stevia to sweeten (optional)

Juice all veggies then pour into a tall glass and add just a little bit of natural sweetener if you like. Stir it up and then slowly add crushed ice or ice cubes while continuing to stir. Often times juice drinks and smoothies are poured directly over ice and I find that technique causes the liquids to coat the cubes thus resulting in less drink. And who doesn't want to get the most out of their healthy green drinks?

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how refreshing (and simple) this is. So raise your glass and toast to good health! 

CHEERS!

*And for those who are free to indulge in an adult beverage I bet this would be delicious with a shot of organic vodka. Here are some of the best ones on the market to choose from:





1 comment:

  1. Love this new blog Laura! A friend of mine has also been exploring a healthier lifestyle for her and her family and has a food blog I think you'd enjoy. http://bellybites.blogspot.com. The most awesome recipe she has on there is the "Shrek shake" (name changed to make it kid friendly :)) I've made this for my family and my VERY PICKY 2 year old loves it and asks for it and it's like drinking a shot of pure nutrition. Check it out- I know you'll like it. She has a lot of vegan and almost vegan recipes on there too and I've tried her cooking and it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete